Friday, January 2, 2015

Guest Post by Michael: Happy New Year

My Grandma and my siblings and I
On New Years I went to my grandparents house for a big party with my whole family. My aunts, uncles, and cousins came. First, we went to eat my grandma's many delicious dishes such as chicken, beef ,potatoes, and many types of salads. It was also my aunt's 29th birthday, and we lit the candles on the cake and sang happy birthday. My aunt and all of the children helped blow out the candles on the cake. Then we quickly ate the cake and went to watch the ball drop on television.

My Aunt and Uncle
After eating the delicious frosted colored cake we poured champagne into plastic cups. When my aunt opened the champagne bottle it popped very loudly. There was a second champagne bottle so my mom wanted to open it. This was my mom's first time opening a champagne bottle and when she opened it she freaked out. Every grown up drank champagne while watching the big ball drop. When it was 11:59 my sisters counted down to the last minute until 2015. Afterwards,  we all said Happy New Year and gave each other hugs. It was all ready 12:00 and was time to go home. That was a really fun New Year party, and I hope we will have another wonderful year.


Blowing the Candles
My New Year's resolution is to listen and be kind to my family.  I will be very nice to my sister's even when they annoy me. I will also play tag, basketball, handball, tennis, and hiding-go-seek with my siblings.




Toasting to the New Year



Grandpa and my sister

The Big Boys



How did you celebrate New Years? 

What is your New Year's resolution?

3 comments:

  1. Dear Michael,
    It's a very happy time for us, because it's your aunt Elana's birthday and it's New Year. Do you think it's good to have a birthday on a New Year ? We always like to have a big party and all of you kids bring a special touch to this celebration. I am glad you liked the food I prepared. You did very nice pictures. Hope next year we will have another party.
    Love You,
    Grandma Tanya and Grandpa Eugene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was certainly the merriest New Year for you guys, far as the pictures are concerned with all those cheerful smiling faces. What adds to that warm feeling is the time you spent with your relatives, especially your grandparents. I think the thoughts you give, that is epitomized by the care you show in those captions, really provides so much care for them. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Michelle Simmons @ Fairfax 211 Comfort Keepers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi Miriam, meu nome é Mariana e tenho 9 anos, sou do Brasil.
    Achei seu blog muito legal.

    ReplyDelete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥