Sunday, February 10, 2013

Talent Show

The musical talent is on!  A few days ago, I performed at my school's talent show.   I performed the Flight of the Bumblebee by Rimsky-Korsakov, and Sarah performed Fur Elise by Beethoven.  We had many rehearsals that took place after school, and all the performing students worked very hard at perfecting their dances, songs, or piano pieces.  Show night finally arrived and we each performed our routines or pieces. The lighting and sound wasn't very good, therefore my mom couldn't record the concert. She therefore recorded us on our home piano. We wore the same beautiful ball gowns that we wore for the talent show. 

Flight of the Bumblebee is piece written for the orchestra by Russian composer Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, for his opera The Tale of Tsar Saltan, composed in 1899–1900. I have seen this as a movie at my grandmother's house many times.  It describes a magic Swan Bird who changes Prince Gvidon Saltanovich (the Tsar's son) into an insect so that he can fly away to visit his father (who does not know that he is alive). He stings his evil Aunt (his mother's sisters) in the eye.  The swan later turns the prince into a bumblebee and he stings his other evil aunt in the eye.  The aunts get kicked out of the palace and the prince visits the king and the family lives happily ever after.

Sarah played Fur Elise by Beethoven.  Nobody really know who Elise is, but they think that he misspelled her name and it was really meant for Therese. To read more about Beethoven, you can visit Miriam's blog who also plays this piece.







What did you think of the pieces we selected?


 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Miriam and Sarah,
    It's very nice that you can participate in a talent show and you play really good and I hope all the students and teachers liked your performance.
    You play very difficult music and usually older students can play this. We love you very much and proud of your accomplishments.
    Grandma Tanya and Grandpa Eugene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Grandma Tanya and Grandpa Eugene,

      Thank you for your lovely comment. I hope you enjoyed how we played. I wish you were at the concert. I hope we can play just like the older professionals play.

      Love,
      Miriam

      Delete
  2. Dear Miriam !
    When I heard you playing The flight of the Bumblebee
    I closed my eyes and saw a sunny spring day,a green big field with colourful flowers. A huge bumblebee was
    rushing along these flowers and making such noise as if he wasn*t sure that all these flowers will be his.
    It was a real pleasure to hear your playing which made a big
    impressure on me.
    I*m so happy to have such a talanted granddaughter. I wish you big successes in everything you are doing.
    Love grandma Mila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Grandma Mila,

      Thank you for your awesome comment. I also loved playing the Flight of the Bumblebee as much as I love listening to it. I wish you were at the concert.

      Love,
      Miriam

      Delete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥